Call for Application for Admission in Undergraduate Programs-2022
Kathmandu University (KU) calls for applications for admission in Undergraduate Programs in the School of Engineering (SoE) for the academic year 2022/2023. Candidates are required to appear in the Kathmandu University Common Admission Test (KUCAT) in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) according to their choice of academic program at KU (Dhulikhel), Biratnagar, Manigram (Rupandehi). A Computer-Based Test (CBT) will be conducted. Admission offer list will be published on merit basis.
|Program and subject area||Eligibility Criteria|
* Must pass the aptitude test conducted after the CBT merit list publication
** Candidates applying for geomatics scholarships need to fill up a separate form for scholarship after publication of "Program wise merit list for admission purpose"
For More Details, Read the Following Documents:
(All Documents are Approved by Dean SOE, KU)
Click Here for Admission Call
Click Here for Information on KUCAT CBT and Test Syllabus
Click Here for Procedure of Application and Admission
Click Here for Information for Candidates applying for BE in Geomatics Engineering
International Applicants:10 percent of seats are reserved for foreign applicants (Fee 1.5 times of normal fee for SAARC Countries and 2 times of normal fee for other countries)
Eligibility Criteria and CBT Test Group For Admission
- In order to be fully eligible for admission, candidates must have passed 10+2 level (or equivalent) with a minimum aggregate GPA of 2.0 or Aggregate 50% in percentage scale. Candidates must have appeared in Kathmandu University Common Admission Test (KUCAT-CBT 2022) and obtained the required threshold score in the test. Students, who have completed 10+2 in Biology stream and applying for PCM test must have taken an additional mathematics course and passed it with required scores. An additional requirement of minimum marks or grade in aggregate and individual subjects as specified for individual programs.
- Candidates who have passed all courses of Grade XI and are waiting for Grade Increment Exam of grade XII are also eligible for provisional admission if the candidate is able to score pass marks in KUCAT CBT 2022 entrance exam. Rules and other details regarding provisional admission will be made public during the admission offer call.
- Candidates must appear in KUCAT-CBT-2022 entrance exam with PCM test group for all programs.
- Candidates who have completed +2 equivalent GCSE A-Level shall have at least 3 courses at Advanced Level (A level) and 1 in AS level. Course combination PCM or PMCs is applicable as per the specific program. Whenever percentage uniform mark (PUM) criteria are provided, then, aggregate 50% in percentage scale will be applicable. If PUM is not provided, Grade D in PCM/PMCs will be applicable.
- For International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma students must have at least 6 courses including either PCM or PMCs. Course combination of PCM or PMCs is applicable as per the specific program. Students must have a final IB grade of 3 in each course separately.
- In case of confusion in eligibility of GCSE A Level or IB Diploma please send your queries through email. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Candidates who have completed +2 equivalents with foreign educational boards shall be submitting the marks equivalent to grades from equivalence authority KU at the time of admission.
- CTEVT diploma holders (3 years education after SLC/SEE) may apply in the related discipline corresponding to their field of study at the diploma level. Eligibility requirements are the same as that of percentage criteria for NEB +2 graduates.
- In case of a dispute related to application, eligibility, CBT exam and CBT score, the decision of KUCAT CBT 2022 committee will be final.
- Entrance exam is conducted in three different centers:
- Center 1: Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok
- Center 2: B. K. V. M. Biratnagar, Morang
- Center 3: Nepathya College, Manigram (near Butwal), Rupandehi
Students can choose any one exam center as per his/her convenience. Aptitude test for B.Arch (Architecture) will be conducted only in Center 1after the publication of CBT merit list. Candidates are not allowed to change centers after the application deadline.
(Registration OPENS from 14 September 2022)
(Email: email@example.com; Phone: +977-9801370078 : available from 9 AM - 10 AM & 4 PM - 5:30 PM)
Important Schedules and Deadlines *
|Publication of the application Notice||13 September 2022 (भाद्र २८, २०७९)||National Newspapers/KU Website/Social media|
|Registration, Application Form Filling and Payment OPEN||14 September 2022 (भाद्र २९, २०७९)||Online through application portal Payment: digital wallet and Bank|
|Last Date of Registration||13 October 2022 (असोज २७, २०७९)||Online|
|Application Form Filling and Payment deadline||14 October 2022||Online|
|Admit Card Available||
Notice will be published on KU Website on 17 October 2022
|Online / Rolling Basis|
|KUCAT-CBT Exam||KU Main Campus, Dhulikhel; Biratnagar; Manigram (Near Butwal)|
|Publication of CBT score||KU Website|
|Changing of Applied program||Online through application portal|
|Publication of Program Wise Merit List for Admission Purpose||KU Website|
|Aptitude Test for B.Arch||KU Website / Main Campus|
|Notice Published for Admission Process||KU Website / Main Campus|
|* Schedule may be adjusted on requirements. There may be changes in activities, and dates. Any adjustment in the schedule will be notified on the KU website. School Admission Committee and Quota Admission Committee are separately formed to conduct the admission process.|
Note: Payment Verification will take approximately 5 to 7 business days after completion of application form. Verification process will continue even after the last date of registration. Verification will start from 20 September 2022.
Application Processing Fee and Payment Methods
Application Processing Fee: NRs. 2000/- (non-refundable / non-transformable)
Application processing fee can be paid through Digital Wallet and Bank
Methods to Pay
|Payment Method||Payment Procedure|
eSewa or any other Digital Wallet
Use the same information to pay application fee through other digital wallet.
(Fee transfer from Nepal and India)
Note: Money transferred in other accounts of university will be considered as invalid transfer. CBT committee will not be responsible for any refund in this case.
Provision for foreign student
If any query regarding admission application or KUCAT-CBT, please send Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +977-9801370078 (phone available from 9 AM - 10 AM & 4 PM - 5:30 PM)
School of Engineering
PO Box 6250, Kathmandu, Nepal