Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Following are the Research Publications at the School of Engineering:
1. B. B. Chhetri, S. Yang, and T. Shimomura, ”Stochastic approach in the efficient design of the direct-binary search algorithm for hologram synthesis,” Appl. Opt.,Vol. 39(32), pp. 5956-5964 (2000).
2. B. B. Chhetri, J. Motojima, S. Yang, and T. Shimomura, ”Parameter dependence of the iterative stepwise quantization method in hologram binarization for real and complex amplitude signals,” Optical Review, Vol. 8(4), pp. 260-266 (2001).
3. B. B. Chhetri, S. Yang, and T. Shimomura, ”Iterative stepwise binarization of digital amplitude holograms with added energy to the signal window,” Opt. Eng., Vol. 40(12), pp. 2718-2725 (2001).
4. B. B. Chhetri, S. Serikawa, S. Yang, and T. Shimomura, ”Binary phase difference diffuser: design and application in digital holography,” Opt. Eng., Vol. 41(2), pp. 319-327 (2002)
5. B. B. Chhetri, S. Serikawa, and T. Shimomura, ”Heuristic algorithm for calculation of sufficiently randomized object-independent diffuser for holography,” in SPIE Annual Meeting, Proceedings of SPIE, Algorithms and Systems for Optical Information Processing IV, B. Javidi and D. Psaltis Eds., Vol. 4113, pp. 205-216 (Aug. 1-2, San Diego, USA, 2000).
6. B. B. Chhetri, J. Motojima, S. Yang, and T. Shimomura, ”Parameter dependence of the iterative stepwise quantization process in hologram binarization,” in 2nd International Conference on Optical Design and Fabrication (ODF 2000), ODF 2000, Proceedings AP002138, pp. 173-176 (Nov. 15-17, Tokyo, Japan, 2000).
7. T. Shimomura, B. B. Chhetri, and S. Yang, ”Error reduction of amplitude digital Fourier transform holograms by use of a pre-iterative process,” in Optical Engineering for Sensing and Nanotechnology (IOCSN 2001), K. Iwata Eds., SPIE Proc. Vol. 4416, pp. 116-119 (June 6-8, Yokohama, Japan, 2001).
8. B. B. Chhetri, S. Yang, T. Shimomura, ”Design of Binary Fourier Holograms Using DBS for Reduced-Speckle-Reconstruction,” in The 4th Pacific Rim Conference on Laser and Electro-Optics, CLEO/Paci.c Rim 2001, Technical Digest, Vol. II, pp. 698-699 (15-19 July, Chiba, Japan, 2001).
9. B. B. Chhetri, S. Serikawa, S. Yang, and T. Shimomura, ”Iterative calculation of the quasi-bandlimited diffuser in two dimensions from restricted phase distributions,” in 19th Congress of the International Commission for Optics, ICO XIX (Optics for the Quality of Life), Technical Digest, Part 1, A. Consortini and G. C. Righini Eds., SPIE Proc. Vol. 4829, pp. 293-294 (Aug. 25-31, Firenze, Italy, 2002).
10. S. Yang, B. B. Chhetri, S. Serikawa, and T. Shimomura, ”Speckle reduction of kinoform reconstruction by utilizing the 2ð ambiguity of the image phase differences,” in 19th Congress of the International Commission for Optics, ICO XIX (Optics for the Quality of Life), Technical Digest, Part 2, A. Consortini and G. C. Righini Eds., SPIE Proc. Vol. 4829, pp. 1059-1060 (Aug. 25-31, Firenze, Italy, 2002).
11. B. B. Chhetri, S. Serikawa, S. Yang, and T. Shimomura, ”Performance improvement of the binary phase difference diffuser in the synthesis of a quasi-bandlimited diffuser,” in 3rd International Conference on Optics-photonics Design & Fabrication, ODF 2002, Technical Digest AP022144, pp. 153-154 (Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, Tokyo, Japan, 2002).
12. "Analysis of some new techniques in spectrum manipulation and efficient iterative design of digital Fourier hologram," Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan, 2003.
13. Brijesh Adhikary, Peter Freere “Wind Energy in Nepal” W IND ENGINEERING VOLUME 24, NO. 5, 2000. PP 389–391.
14. Keshav P Pokharel, Brijesh Adhikary, “ Private Hydropower and the Consumer’s Burden” Spectrum, An Engineer’s Journal of Kathmandu University, Vol 1, issue 1, 2000, pp-1-3
15. B.Adhikary, P. Freere “ Recent Advances in Power Electronics” Energy Engineering in Nepal Conference, October 23-24, 2002, Dhulikhel , Nepal
16. B. Adhikary, M. Korpaas, and A. T. Holen, Member, IEEE "Optimal Utilization of Weakly Interconnected Small Scale Hydro Power System" in Proc. International Conference in Power system, Kathmandu, Nepal, ICPS, 2004.
17. B.Adhikary, Member, IEEE, B.Ghimire, P. Karki "Interconnection of Two Micro Hydro Units Forming a Mini-grid System Using Soft Connection" TENCON 2009 - 2009 IEEE Region 10 Conference, Singapore
18. B. Adhikary, Member, IEEE, P. Kafle, and S. Thapa "Study and Design of Drinking Water Hydropower Project for Rural Electrification" 1st International Conference on the Developments in Renewable Energy Technology [ICDRET'09], Dec 17, 2009 - Dec 19, 2009, Dhaka.
19. Y.P. Siwakoti, B. Adhikary, D. Bista, Dr. B.B.Chhetri “Modelling and Evaluation of Maximum Power Tracking for Solar Photovoltaic Module using Simulink” National Conference on Renewable Energy 2010(NCRE2010) Tezpur, India.
20. Bhusal P., Bista D., Puolakka M., Halonen L., Fuel based lighting in developing countries and their replacement with LEDs - Case study from Nepal, Proceedings of CIE 2010 "Lighting Quality and Energy Efficiency", Vienna, Austria, 14-17 March, 2010, pp.500-504.
21. Bista D. *WLED for General Purpose Illumination . *National Seminar on Electrical Power Sector Development: KU, 2010.
22. Karaliunas M., Vitta P., Žukauskas A., Zahnd A., Bista D., Chhetri B.B., Updhyaya M. R. “Characterization of Nepali Solid-State Lamps”. Journal of *Electronics and Electrical Engineering*.” 1.29 (2009): ISSN 1392 – 1215
23. Bista D., Chhetri B.B. *Characterization of White Light Emitting Diode. *Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology: NAST, 2008.
24. Bista D. *Development of WLED Based Industry in Nepal**. *Closing Seminar Asia Link Project ENLIGHTEN: Helsinki University of Technology, Finland, 2008.
25. Bista D., Chhetri B.B., Bhusal P., Eloholma M., Halonen L. Future and Challenges of LED Lighting in Nepal. Sähkö&Tele (2008) 6, pp. 48-51.
26. Eloholma M, Bista D. Sähkoä ja Valoa Nepalin vuoristokyliin. Sähkö&tele (2007)8, pp. 21-24.
27. Chhetri B.B., Bista D. WLED lighting for rural Nepal, Vidyut Khabar, Vol. 2, No.7, 2008, pp 14-15